Notebooks and pencils are treasures for families who struggle to afford basic school supplies. School kits often are requested after disasters and help bring normalcy to children whose families have been forced to flee their homes.
91,218 shipped last year to Canada, Haiti, Jordan, South Sudan, Syria, Ukraine and Zambia.
Contents (NEW items only)
- 4 spiral or perforated-pages notebooks (8.5 in x 10.5 in and 70 sheets)
- 8 new unsharpened pencils
- 1 ruler (flat, good quality; must indicate 30 cm; inch markings optional)
- 12 colored pencils (in packaging)
- 1 large eraser
- 2 new black or blue ballpoint pens
- 1 small all metal pencil sharpener, one or two holes. All metal sharpeners can be found online at Amazon.com or Bazic.com.or in the art supply section of retail stores like Staples. Plastic case pencil sharpeners are not accepted because these are poor quality and do not last as long. If you cannot find all metal sharpeners please pack the kits without them and we will add the sharpeners.
For more information on sources of all metal sharpeners, check with the MCC material resources drop-off center in your area.
School kits are distributed in a useful double drawstring cloth bag (11 3/4 x 16 3/4 in). You may:
- sew the bag yourself
- request bags from an MCC material resources center or
- donate contents that we will place in a bag.
Thank you for limiting your generosity to the items listed.
Bring completed school kits to an MCC drop-off location.