Help mothers give their infants a good start. These kits are given to families displaced by war or disaster and are used in a number of other settings to help support mothers who lack the supplies they need for a new baby.
5,812 infant care kits shipped last year to Ecuador, Jordan, Ukraine, and Zambia.
Contents (NEW items only, sizes 3-12 months)
- 3 gowns/sleepers (flannel or similar warm, soft material)
- 3 undershirts/onesies (short or long sleeves)
- 1 receiving blanket (lightweight fleece or flannel, minimum 30 in x 30 in, larger sizes preferred)
- 4 large, heavy-duty safety pins
- 1 large bar mild soap (leave in wrapper)
- 1 pair of socks
- 1 cap
Items can be purchased or sewn. Contact one of MCC’s material resources centers for a pattern for hand-sewn gowns; packages of precut materials are available from some centers.
To pack, remove packaging material (except from soap) and fold into the receiving blanket. Fasten together with the safety pins.
Thank you for limiting your generosity to the items listed.
Bring completed infant care kits to an MCC drop-off location.