5,371 dignity kits shipped between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022 to Burkina Faso, South Sudan, Ukraine. Haiti and Zambia.
- 1 Reusable Pad System packed into 1 MCC kit bag, includes (access the sewing instructions and videos below):
- 3 waterproof base units, which hold the pad inserts in place
- 8 absorbent fleece pad inserts (4 large/4 small)
- 1 small transport bag
- 3 pair of briefs (cotton; women sizes small, medium or large – one size per kit; no red)
- Instructional care and use sheets
- 1 hand towel (medium weight, dark or bright colors)
- 1 washcloth (medium weight, dark or bright colors)
- 2 large bars of bath soap (leave in wrapper)
- 1 large bar laundry soap (such as Fels Naptha®, Sunlight® or Zote® brands)
- 1 wide-toothed comb (6–8 in)
- 1 nail clipper (good quality)
- 4 plastic or wooden clothespins (4 in)
- 4 heavy-duty safety pins (2–1 in; 2–2 in)
Instructions: Place contents in a box or bag and deliver to your nearest MCC drop-off location. The kit will be re-packed at MCC in a new 2-gallon pail with a lid.
The Reusable Pad System is packed in a useful double drawstring cloth bag (11 3/4 x 16 3/4 in). You may:
- sew the bag yourself
- donate contents that we will place in a bag.
How to sew a base unit
How to sew a transport bag
How to sew fleece pad inserts