“Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10, NRSV)
The MCC UN Office is the voice at the United Nations for MCC and our global partners, including Anabaptist churches around the world. We keep MCC staff and partners informed about UN policies and program that may affect them, while bringing the expertise and experience of MCC partners and personnel to the UN diplomats and employees who establish and carry out UN policies. Our office focuses on areas of conflict where MCC and our partners are living and working. Our more specific efforts include:
- Networking with UN diplomats and ambassadors to advocate for international policies that reflect MCC’s stances on peace and reconciliation.
- Leading and participating in NGO working groups to advocate for UN action together as members of the civil society.
- Connecting MCC staff or local partners with members of the UN community.
- Advocating for humanitarian and human rights issues in ways that reflect MCC’s commitments and support its programming.
- Articulating and pursuing a Christian pacifist vision for peace and justice in international affairs.
We want to connect with you! Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter through the form on the right. >>>