The Material Resources Center (MRC) in Ephrata, Pa., serves as a collection point in the U.S. for receiving, packing and shipping material resources donated by people responding to aid requests from MCC partners.
The MRC relies on thousands of volunteers to do the hands-on work of the center. Churches, families, school groups and retirees donate their time to pack resources, quilt and work on recycling projects.
Volunteer hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Work is available for adults and children age 11 and older. Please call to schedule a time to volunteer.
Educational opportunities such as tours, videos, learning activities and stories of MCC’s work around the world are provided for all ages, including younger children.
Volunteer activities at MRC include:
- Checking and packing kits, including school kits, relief kits and hygiene kits
- Checking cans of meat
- Knotting comforters
- Baling comforters and blankets
- Recycling books
- Baling cardboard, paper and clothing
- Cutting T-shirts into rags
- Cutting jeans for rugs and patches
- Weaving rugs
- Sewing recycled items
- Loading containers for shipment