Serving and Learning Together (SALT) is a year-long, cross-cultural service experience. Through SALT, Christian young adults from Canada and the U.S. serve internationally in a wide variety of positions in fields like education, agriculture, health care, information technology, peace and more!
During their assignments SALTers are immersed in another culture, living with host families or communal settings such as dormitories or teacher housing in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin and Central America and the Middle East.
By living and serving in a new setting, SALTers
- Experience personal, professional and spiritual growth
- Help foster international goodwill and understanding
- Gain personal experience with, and commitment to, the global church
All SALTers must be:
- Canadian or U.S. citizens
- Primary residence within Canada or the U.S.
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Willing to follow MCC’s lifestyle expectations
- Committed to a personal Christian faith
- Dedicated to nonviolent peacemaking
- Actively participating in a church
An invitation to a SALT assignment is contingent on the successful completion of a criminal background check.
For costs, dates and other information see our Frequently Asked Questions.