Giving opportunities for U.S. donors
If you're 70½ and up, qualified charitable distributions from your IRA can reduce your taxable income while supporting MCC’s work with families and communities across the globe.
Benefits of a QCD:
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $105,000 from your IRA to MCC
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
How a QCD works:
- Contact your IRA custodian to request a gift from your IRA directly to MCC. If needed, please provide MCC’s EIN which is 23-6002702.
- Please ask your IRA custodian to include your name and address on the IRA distribution so your gift can be processed accurately.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to MCC to support the ministry of MCC.
If you have a donor-advised fund, you can make a grant from your DAF directly to MCC.
A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to MCC and other qualified charities. You can recommend a grant or recurring grants now to make an immediate impact or use your fund as a tool for future charitable gifts. Make your request to the entity managing your DAF account.
To extend the impact of your giving, consider naming MCC as one of the beneficiaries of your IRA, DAF or other life income accounts. It’s as easy as filling out a form from your financial advisor and naming MCC (EIN 23-6002702) as one of your beneficiaries.
Talk to your financial advisor about smart giving options that can benefit you and MCC.
If you have questions for MCC about any of these giving options, please contact Ron Hershey at email@example.com or 717-859-1151.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to provide legal, tax or financial advice. If you have questions, please check with your financial advisor or attorney.