In the current U.S. political and social climate, many are left anxious and angry when it comes to immigration reform. Join MCC and local churches for a celebration of immigrants in our community. This event is intended to acknowledge the challenges involved in navigating the immigration system, provide practical tips and advice to immigrants and immigrant leaders and affirm the "stranger" in our midst. This event is also an opportunity to network with other leaders in the immigrant community.
Hear from a panel of speakers on:
- How immigrants can protect themselves and stand up for one another
- The role of the church in assisting immigrants and healing our communities
- Mental health and anxiety in the immigrant community
- Family separation at the U.S./Mexico border
- How ordinary individuals can advocate for immigrants' safety and well-being
Sample ethnic food and enjoy performances from various cultural artists from the Philadelphia community, including Modero Indonesian dance group, Aztec Dance Philadelphia, spoken word by Sandra Moise and drumming by Ayan Tunji.
The event is FREE but donations will be accepted to cover event costs.
THANK YOU to our generous event sponsors:
- Franconia Mennonite Conference
- Philadelphia Fight
- Circle of Hope
- Philadelphia Praise Center
- Arise Care
- Kingdom Builders Network (KBN) Churches
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and
you welcomed me.” (Matthew 25:35)