MCC East Coast invites participants to join a learning tour to the Holy Land, a journey that will deeply impact your life. Consider these top four reasons to travel to Palestine and Israel:
- Walk in the footsteps of Jesus.
- Meet Palestinian Christians who are part of the body of Christ.
- Hear from Israelis and Palestinians about their current struggles, their challenges and joys and what this means for us in the USA.
- Take home an experience that will deepen your faith.
The itinerary includes:
- Meeting with Israelis and Palestinians who represent a diversity of perspectives.
- Learning about the political situation, particularly the reality of occupation and militarism.
- Meeting with leaders of the shrinking Christian church in Palestine and Israel.
- Engaging biblical and theological interpretations that relate to the land, including Christian Zionism.
- Visiting specific Holy Land sites important to the Christian church.
Ideal trip participants will be leaders who are broadly networked in constituent congregations, church related organizations and their communities. The trip will include up to 14 participants. Participants will be asked to do modest preparatory reading and to make two public presentations within their networks upon their return so as to maximize the learning opportunities for the broader church.
MCC Palestine staff will assist with planning and provide on-the-ground logistical support, and an MCC East Coast staff member will accompany the group.
The cost of the tour is $1,700 plus airfare.
Download and share the event poster with others!