MCC invites you to join a learning tour to the Holy Land, a journey that will deeply impact your life.
Consider these top three reasons to travel to Palestine and Israel:
- Meet Palestinian Christians who are part of the body of Christ.
- Hear from Israelis and Palestinians about their current struggles, their challenges and joys and what this means for us.
- Take home an experience that will deepen your faith and empower you to engage in education and advocacy on Palestine and Israel.
The itinerary includes:
- Meeting with Israelis and Palestinians who represent diverse perspectives.
- Learning about the political situation, particularly the reality of occupation and militarism.
- Meeting with leaders of the shrinking Christian church in Palestine and Israel.
- Engaging with biblical and theological interpretations that relate to the land, including Christian Zionism.
- Visiting specific Holy Land sites important to the Christian church.
- Participate in part of the Christ at the Checkpoint conference
The trip includes up to 14 participants. We’re asking participants to do a modest preparatory reading and to make two public presentations within their networks when they return, to maximize the learning opportunities for the broader church.
MCC Palestine staff will help plan and provide on-the-ground logistical support. MCC staff will accompany the group.
Tour cost: $1,700 plus airfare. Scholarship assistance may be available if needed.