#MCCandMe: Put your life where your faith is
Spend some time exploring MCC with Messiah College alumni!
Join us to find out how you can get involved with MCC.
- LEARN: Learn about MCC’s sand dam projects with Katie Moyer, currently working in Mozambique and see The Collaboratory’s sand dam model.
- PRAY: Spend some time praying for peace and for those serving around the world through MCC.
- SERVE: Hear from current SALTers Jake Gulinello and Owen McCullum in Rwanda and Paula Holtzinger in Lebanon. Visit with SALT alum Amanda Beck and Malcolm McDermond.
- ADVOCATE: Find out about internships and get involved with MCC’s Washington D.C. office.
- GIVE: Pack hygiene kits and find out how you can stay engaged with MCC’s work.
You won’t want to miss these career and service opportunities, not to mention free food and live music!
#MCCpeace: Engage with U.S. justice issues
- Why does the U.S. have 5% of the world’s population but nearly 25% of its prisoners?*
- Did you know that the Doctrine of Discovery, which legalized the theft of land, labor and resources from Indigenous Peoples, originated with the Christian church?
Engage with MCC’s work in mass incarceration and with the Doctrine of Discovery by signing up for one of two free simulations, “You Got Booked” or “Loss of Turtle Island.”
Both simulations require pre-registration with free dinner included. Spots are limited, so sign up now!
*Source: Equal Justice Initiative