This one-day MCC Native American Learning Tour is designed to shed light on early Native life (Lenape) and European settlements in the Lehigh Valley. Join us as we hear John Ruth’s historic reflections about Mennonite settlers and their Lenape neighbors, view the historic Jasper Pits in Vera Cruz, see Lee Hallman’s personal collection of Native artifacts and visit the Museum of Indian Culture of which Hallman is curator. In addition to John Ruth, Darvin Martin and Curtis Book will reflect on the intersection that the Doctrine of Discovery had upon early Mennonites, other settlers and the Lenape in 18th Century Lehigh Valley, Pa.
- 9:00 Welcome, coffee and snacks
- 9:15 View Lee Hallman's personal collection of artifacts
- 11:00 View the Jasper Pits at Jasper Park, Vera Cruz, Pa.
- 12:15 Lunch at local restaurant
- 1:30 Museum of Indian Culture tour, with curator and guide Lee Hallman
- 3:00 Return to Hallman's home for reflections and Q&A time
- $15 Please bring payment along with you. This does NOT include lunch.
- Deadline April 8
- Maximum registration of 24 people