Thank you for considering a legacy gift to MCC!
Legacy giving involves important and sometimes complex decisions.
MCC donor relations staff have years of experience helping generous supporters align their own deeply held beliefs, values and priorities with the work of MCC. We're happy to help you explore how a legacy gift to MCC might fit in with your life plan!
Consider these ways to give:
- Cash: When most people think of charitable giving, they probably think of a cash gift. These gifts are easy to make and can be put to work immediately.
- A gift in your will: For many people, perhaps the largest gift they can make is to leave a gift in their will. This can be done by including a percentage or a specific dollar amount. Leaving a gift of cash in your will becomes a gift from your estate and is processed by your executor after you pass away.
- Other non-cash items: You can donate a non-cash asset to MCC, such as:
- Publicly traded securities (stocks, bonds, etc.)
- Farm and other commodities
- Business or farm equipment
- Real estate
- Other forms of personal property such as art objects, jewelry, intellectual property, etc.
- Retirement Accounts: Did you know that you can name MCC as a beneficiary of most retirement accounts? For many people over 70 ½ years old, a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) option from your IRA or other qualified retirement account is an easy way to give, that often gives you tax benefits.
- Life Insurance: As with retirement accounts, you can name MCC as a beneficiary of most life insurance policies.
- Life Income Plans: Did you know there are ways to give money to MCC and generate income for yourself during your lifetime? A popular way to do this is through a Charitable Gift Annuity. You receive a steady stream of income with tax benefits, since part of your gift is passed along to MCC. There are other options such as:
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
- Revocable living trusts
Intrigued? Leaving a legacy gift to MCC tells a story about you, providing a testament to your values. Through some of the suggestions listed above, you may have the capability to give more than you thought. We are happy to discuss any of the options listed here or talk about other potential ways to give.
You can leave a legacy that will make a difference in the lives of many people around the world! Contact us now to get started.
Return to the main legacy giving page.