Coins add up. Each year, spare change collected by churches, children and families add up to more than $600,000 for MCC’s work around the world.
Join the fun! Here's how-
- Spread the word. Order My Coins Count wrappers from EdNyce@mcc.org to label containers for spare change, or create your own containers to gather contributions. View and print wrappers and posters from the resources.
- Get people excited! Share stories in children's time, make announcements. The best way to get people excited is by telling stories about the difference their coins will make. Links to stories on water, food, or education.
- Collect coins in Sunday school or during offering time. Involve the children and make it joyful! Sing the My Coins Count song. Show the congregation the My Coins Count Video.
- Track your progress. You can use a large container – one church used a wheelbarrow – to collect change over time. Others make posters or charts to note their progress. Set goals and have fun rewards for meeting them.
- Make a match. Invite adults to match the contributions of the children and quickly multiply your impact.
(Wondering what happened to Penny Power? The U.S. and Canadian effort was renamed My Coins Count after Canada took the penny out of circulation.)